Your eyebrow color can help change your look. Of course, your choice will depend on different factors: personal preference, age, skin color, hair color, occasion, etc. When you choose an eyebrow color, you have to pick one that would be best for you. Here are some tips on choosing the perfect shade for your brows:
1. If you have dark hair, you should go 2-3 shades lighter than your hair color.
2. If you have light hair, you should go 2-3 shades darker than your hair color.
3. If you are blonde, don't go for blonde brows! It will only wash out your face and it won't really help sculpt your face. Instead, go for a soft taupe shade.
4. For a more 'edgy' look, you can always go for a darker shade.
5. When you think you put on a color that's too dark, it can be remedied by applying brow mascara in a lighter or blonde shade.
6. It is best to use an angled eyebrow brush when applying eyebrow powders/gels.
7. For softer-looking eyebrows, use gentle feathery strokes rather than harsh straight lines. The strokes will mimic the hairs on your eyebrows, therefore creating a more natural look.
8. If you keep changing your hair color, get a universally flattering TAUPE color. :) I feel that taupe shades can fit a lot of hair colors and skin tones. (BTW, taupe is a grayish brown or brownish gray color. It depends on the shade.)
*Note that these tips might not work for everyone. These are just some of the rules that you can keep in mind in choosing the right eyebrow shade.
So how about you? What eyebrow color do you use? Do you use pencils or powders? Feel free to comment below! :)